PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
This website is administered by City Sightseeing Limited, Stanley House, 49a High Street, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire, B95 5AA, UK. (" City Sightseeing", " we", " us", " our"). City Sightseeing acts as data controller of our customers' and website users' (" you", " your") personal data.
City Sightseeing is committed to safeguarding your personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Law. We believe it is important for you to know what types of information we collect from our website and how we treat information we may receive from you.
By using this website and providing your personal data to us using the website, online booking facility or by telephone, you acknowledge that your personal data will be collected and used as described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy should be read in conjunction with our General Conditions of Use.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and store the following types of personal data about you when you use our website and contact us in relation to our products and services:
- Name, email address and credit card details;
- Information that you provide for a specific purpose, such as to provide you with certain information you request or to send you product information and offers, emails or newsletters;
- Information in connection with communications you send us, for example to report a problem or submit queries or feedback;
- Details of the functions and services you select or use on the website; and
You can opt out of certain uses of the personal information we collect from you. For more information on how to opt out, please see below.
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal data (such as data revealing political opinions, religious beliefs or data concerning health or sex life) through this website. If we do seek to collect such data, we will always obtain your explicit, specific, unambiguous, freely given and informed prior consent, which is the legal basis for us being permitted to do so. You will be under no obligation to give us your consent and you may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting our customer service at email@example.com. Please note that in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing your personal data even where you have withdrawn your consent.
SOURCES OF THE DATA WE COLLECT
We collect data from a variety of sources:
- When you purchase tickets from our online booking facility.
- When you request information or subscribe to our newsletter.
- When you speak to our customer service representatives.
- From our group companies and affiliates, where we are permitted to share information with each other.
In any of the above instances the data we collect could be personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may also automatically collect information such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using, the website from which you linked to our website and the website you visit as you leave this website. We use this information to collect broad demographic information about the visitors to the website and to improve the website's content and to help us understand how users are interacting with the website and services provided.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website during your browsing session or on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
The cookies we set do lots of different jobs, like help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ .
Cookies can be categorised in accordance with the categories found in the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories as set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features and enable services you have specifically asked for. Consent is not generally required for these cookies.
Performance cookies - these collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, by recording which pages users go to most often (usually on an anonymous basis).
Functionality cookies - these cookies allow a website to remember the choices a user makes, such as a user name or language preference.
Targeting or advertising cookies - these collect information about a user's browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission.
Cookies can also be categorised in accordance with how long they are saved on your device:
Session Cookies: are temporary cookies that are only saved on the computer’s memory for the duration of a user's visit to the website; and
Persistent Cookies: are cookies that remain stored in your computer's memory for a set period of time, even after the browser session has ended.
Cookies can also be:
Own: are cookies generated by the web page you are visiting.
Third party: these are cookies that are received when browsing a web page, which have been generated by a third service that is hosted in that web page. An example may be the cookie used by an advertisement or ad banner that is on the website that we visit.
Purposes of cookies
Technical Purposes: These are necessary for the operation of the web page. They make possible the control of traffic from the server to multiple users at the same time, the identification of users and their access to the website.
Customisation: They make it possible for each user to configure aspects such as the language in which they want to view the webpage or display formats.
Analysis or performance: They allow the measurement of the number of visits and criteria of navigation of different areas of the web.
Advertising: They allow the implementation of efficiency parameters in the publicity offered in the web pages.
Behavioural advertising: They allow the implementation of efficiency parameters in the publicity offered in the web pages, based on information about users' behaviour.
WWW.CITY-SIGHTSEEING.COM uses the following types of cookies:
- Third-party cookies, specifically Google Analytics Cookies.
- Own cookies, temporary and only for the purpose of keeping the session while browsing once you have logged on the web.
- Strictly necessary cookies, to allow you to browse the website and use its essential functions. These cookies do not collect any information about your navigation that may be used by marketing actions or to remember which pages you have browsed.
Accepting, refusing or restricting cookies
You can configure your internet browser to warn you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer so that you may make a decision whether to accept or reject it. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. The Help or Internet Settings function within your browser should tell you how. Please note that some parts of our website may not function properly if you reject cookies.
You may also wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/, which contains detailed information on cookies and how to delete, restrict or block them on a wide variety of browsers. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
To opt out of Google Analytics, visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If your cookies constitute or give personal data about you, then we deal with that personal data in accordance with the rest of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and to allow you to participate in any interactive features on our website when you choose to do so.
By using our website and providing your personal data, you agree that we may use your personal data to:
- provide the products, services and customer support you request and expect;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our General Conditions of Use;
- manage, customise and improve our services, content and advertising;
- develop web statistics, including demographic information, relating to the usage of this website in order to help us to improve the website's content and to understand how users interact with the website and services provided;
- undertake internal administration and analysis;
- tell you about our services and provide you with targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
The information you provide may also be used to contact you when necessary. This may be to notify you about functionality changes to the web site and to offer you services that you may find helpful, based on your communication preferences and provided that you have not opted out of receiving such services.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The law permits us to process your personal data in the way that it does because the processing is:
- necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests that we pursue, which are to run and administer our business and to discharge our legal obligations to store and disclose information where necessary; and
- necessary for the performance of our contract to provide you with services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as expressly set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy or our General Conditions of Use, we do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you with or to any third parties for their marketing use.
We may disclose personal data to provide our products and services, process payments, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, ask for feedback and protect our rights and property. The personal data you provide to us may also be shared with affiliated companies (including but not limited to our franchisees, operators and other companies in the same group as City Sightseeing) if this is necessary to provide you with products and services, respond to your inquiries, for any other related purposes, to send you marketing (only where you have specifically consented to this), or for any other legitimate business purposes. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to the disclosure of your personal data as described above.
We may also share your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the website, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
The types of processing that these recipients may undertake include storing, reviewing, deleting and transferring personal data to others.
We do not undertake automated decision-making about, or profiling of, you.
Opt-Ins and Opt-Outs
If you provide us with personal information, you will be given a choice at the time to "opt in" to certain uses that we or specified affiliates may intend, such as sending you newsletters, updated information about us, our services and offers or our website, by checking the relevant box.
If you do subscribe via our website to a mailing list for newsletters, updates or marketing from us, you will have the right to unsubscribe or "opt out" at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. To unsubscribe just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the website.
We do not generally rely on your consent as the legal basis for transferring your sensitive personal data to outside the EEA, however where we feel it isnecessary or appropriate we may seek to rely on your consent as the legal basis for such processing. On every occasion that we seek to rely on yourconsent as the legal basis for transferring your personal data to outside the EEA, we will always obtain your specific, unambiguous, freely given andinformed consent to this and you are under no obligation to give us your consent.
In all cases we will seek to ensure we only retain your personal data as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes described in this PrivacyPolicy. Your personal data will be stored for the following period(s):
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|gid||24 hours||Used to distinguish users.|
|_gat||1 minute||Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.|
|AMP_TOKEN||30 seconds to 1 year||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_<property-id>||90 days||Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.|
|Language||1 month||Stores the preferred language of the user.|
|guest_cart_element||1 hour||Stores the number of elements of the shopping cart|
|Guest session||1 hour||Session id of the user in this server.|
|AB *||1 month||Cookies neeeded to do A/B test|
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
At any time, you have the right to:
- request a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- information about how we process your personal data (for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences, and the safeguards we rely on if we transfer your personal data from within to outside of the EEA);
- ask us to rectify any personal data that we hold about you, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- ask us to erase any personal data that we hold about you, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- object to us processing your personal data in your particular situation, which you may exercise if we rely on the fact that the processing is necessary for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us in order to carry out that processing; and
- withdraw any consent you give to our processing your personal data (although please note that in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing your personal data even where you have withdrawn your consent).
You, acting for yourself or through your parents, legal guardians, or legal representatives, may exercise any of the above rights by contacting City Sightseeing at the address below, using the reference "Privacy". Any request for your information must be in writing and we will respond within one month. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and ask you for more details about your request.
There may be some information which we are not legally able to disclose to you. Also, in exceptional circumstances, it may not be practicable for us to provide you with copies of all the documents that you request. If this is the case, we will explain our reasoning to you. We may have to charge you an administrative fee for the cost of providing you with a copy of certain documents.
You also have the right to complain to the regulator about the firm's information rights procedures. The UK regulator is the Information Commissioner's Office and their contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
City Sightseeing Ltd
Stanley House, 49a High Street
Henley in Arden, Warwickshire
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY