Product temporarily unavailable
- Take in the beautiful scenery at Glendalough as you explore the monastery founded by St Kevin
- Stop at lunchtime in the beautiful village of Laragh
- Admire a live sheepdog demonstration as farmer and dog expertly corral sheep into their pen
- Visit a working farm to see what rural life is like in County Wicklow
- Marvel at the architecture of the 12th century Baltinglass Abbey
- Return travel from Dublin city centre on a comfortable coach with a knowledgeable guide
- Return coach transport
- Professional driver/guide
This day trip departing from the centre of Dublin allows you to swap the chaos of Ireland’s capital city for the tranquillity of the countryside of County Wicklow.
The first stop will be the town of Baltinglass where you’ll have time to explore Baltinglass Abbey. Founded in 1148 on the banks of the River Slaney, the ruins feature beautiful arches with alternate round and square pillars. After admiring the Cistercian and Irish Romanesque architecture, grab a coffee and jump back on the bus to head to your next stop: a working farm. Here you’ll meet the friendly farmer and hear about rural life and the diverse farming practices used to rear sheep, pigs and cattle. The highlight here will be a sheepdog demonstration where you can admire skill and teamwork as the farmer and his sheepdogs work together to herd sheep into their pens.
After a stop for lunch in the attractive village of Laragh, you’ll head to the spectacular glacial valley of Glendalough. It was here that St. Kevin decided to found a monastic settlement in the 6th century, though most of the buildings that remain today are from the 11th and 12th centuries. Make the most of your free time to explore this historic location and the surrounding lakes - the cathedral and round tower are not to be missed! Then, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery on the way back to Dublin.
Before you Go
When booking your tickets, please select the date on which you would like to take the Wicklow and Glendalough Day Tour.
On the day
Pick-up: 8:30 a.m. on Suffolk Street, Dublin
Drop-off: 5:30 p.m. on Dame Street, Dublin
We recommend wearing shoes that are appropriate for walking on rough terrain
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.