Wicklow + Glendalough Day Tour from Dublin
Escape the hustle and bustle of Dublin with City Sightseeing and enjoy the fresh air, mountains, lakes and lush green countryside Ireland is famous for on this Wicklow and Glendalough day tour. Your entertaining guide will take you to explore the 12th century Baltinglass Abbey, visit a working farm and watch a sheepdog demonstration, and you'll also have free time to discover the incredible monastic site of Glendalough. Book online today for an unforgettable day out in the Irish countryside!
- Return travel from Dublin city centre on a comfortable coach with a knowledgeable guide
- Marvel at the architecture of the 12th century Baltinglass Abbey
- Visit a working farm to see what rural life is like in County Wicklow
- Admire a live sheepdog demonstration as farmer and dog expertly corral sheep into their pen
- Stop at lunchtime in the beautiful village of Laragh
- Take in the beautiful scenery at Glendalough as you explore the monastery founded by St Kevin
- Professional driver/guide
- Return coach transport
The first stop will be the town of Baltinglass where you’ll have time to explore Baltinglass Abbey. Founded in 1148 on the banks of the River Slaney, the ruins feature beautiful arches with alternate round and square pillars. After admiring the Cistercian and Irish Romanesque architecture, grab a coffee and jump back on the bus to head to your next stop: a working farm. Here you’ll meet the friendly farmer and hear about rural life and the diverse farming practices used to rear sheep, pigs and cattle. The highlight here will be a sheepdog demonstration where you can admire skill and teamwork as the farmer and his sheepdogs work together to herd sheep into their pens.
After a stop for lunch in the attractive village of Laragh, you’ll head to the spectacular glacial valley of Glendalough. It was here that St. Kevin decided to found a monastic settlement in the 6th century, though most of the buildings that remain today are from the 11th and 12th centuries. Make the most of your free time to explore this historic location and the surrounding lakes - the cathedral and round tower are not to be missed! Then, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery on the way back to Dublin.
Before you Go
On the day
- Pick-up: 8:30 a.m. on Suffolk Street, Dublin
- Drop-off: 5:30 p.m. on Dame Street, Dublin
- We recommend wearing shoes that are appropriate for walking on rough terrain