City Cruise + Hop-On Hop-Off Bus York
Please note that in the event of high river levels, cruises may be cancelled.
- See York from the water on an enjoyable cruise along the River Ouse
- Discover York with a 24-hour ticket for the City Sightseeing hop-on, hop-off bus tour
- Buy online today and save up to 11% on the price of the bus and boat tours bought separately!
- Combine bus and boat sightseeing tours to make the most of your visit to the city
- Fascinating live commentary from your cruise-boat captain
- Audio commentary in nine different languages on the bus
- 24hr hop-on hop-off bus tour
- 1 route with 14 stops
- Audio guide in 10 languages
- River cruise with live commentary
York is a city which rewards exploration as there is something new to see around every corner. From the incredible Shambles and the maze of medieval alleyways to the spectacular Minster, York’s history is written in its streets.
With your 24hr hop-on, hop-off bus ticket, you’ll be able to explore the city to your heart’s content. A great place to start your exploring is Exhibition Square, with amazing views of the Minster and home to the York Art Gallery.
Don't miss Walmgate Bar, where you can see the country’s only fully intact medieval city gate. Hop off at South Bank to see Rowntree Park, which was given to the city by the chocolate company Rowntree in memory of the company’s staff who died during the First World War. It’s a beautiful memorial and the perfect spot for a picnic.
Clifford’s Tower is another highlight on the City Sightseeing open-top tour. This imposing tower was built by William the Conqueror nearly a thousand years ago and offers some of the very best views over the city. It’s also a short walk from one of the two points where you can board your river cruise along the Ouse.
York owes the birth of its chocolate industry to the river and the Vikings would have sailed their long ships up its waters. Join the city boat tour and take a relaxing trip along the river while listening to your guide share interesting facts about the history of York.
Before you Go
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Operational season: 10th March – 21st December 2020
- The last 3 buses of the day (17:33, 17:43 and 17:53) terminate at Clifford's Tower.
York City Cruise
Daily from 17th May to 26th November 2021
Departure points and times:
King's Staith Landing: 10:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m.,
Additional sailings will operate at frequent intervals between these times and often departing later during busy periods
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.