The Grand 48 +
Saturday October 1st: There will be stop closures during the day due to an event in the city. We apolgise for the inconvenience.
- City Sightseeing and Edinburgh Tours: Due to an event in the city, stops 4, 5 and 6 will be closed from 10:30 to 12:30. From 12:30 to 16:30, stops 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be closed - passengers can use the stop actoss the road from stop 7 on Chambers Street - and stops 8, 9, 10 and 12 (and 13 on the Edinburgh Tour) will also be closed, but stop 11 will be open and there will be stops on Holyrood Road.
- Majestic Tour: From 12:30 to 16:30, stops 9, 10 and 11 will be closed. For stop 9, head up Abbey Mount to Regent Road and get on at first stop.
- 48 hours to discover the capital's main landmarks and top attractions
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Firth of Forth
- See the very best sights that Edinburgh has to offer
- English commentary on all tours, plus audio guides in up to 9 other languages on two of the tours
- Four different bus routes to choose from: explore Edinburgh city centre, Leith and Queensferry
- Escaping to Edinburgh for a couple of days? Make the most of your time with the Grand 48+ Ticket
- 48-hour hop-on hop-off bus tour
- Stops near all the major sights
- Access to three routes
- Audio guide in 9 languages plus kids’ commentary
- Full hygiene measures
- Three Bridges Bus and Boat Tour
- Entrance to Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse, Royal Yacht Britannia
This incredible value ticket allows you to really explore all that Edinburgh has to offer over the course of 48 hours. Including three city hop-on hop-off bus tours as well as a tour to the attractive town of Queensferry and a cruise on the Firth of Forth. There really is no better way to get to know Scotland's capital city.
The Edinburgh Tour takes you around the historic heart of Edinburgh, giving you the opportunity to explore the most famous landmarks, including the Royal Mile, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and Edinburgh Castle.
The Majestic Tour is your gateway to the north of the city and the port of Leith. You’ll be able to see the Royal Yacht Britannia, the beautiful Royal Botanic Garden and the impressive modern Scottish Parliament building.
The City Sightseeing Tour takes you to the spooky Edinburgh Dungeon, the Burns Monument, Dynamic Earth and Grassmarket, among other exciting destinations. For the kids, this tour features a gruesome Horrible Histories commentary so that they can enjoy all the most ghoulish parts of the history of the city of Burke and Hare.
The Three Bridges Bus and Boat Tour is your ticket out of the city to explore the delightful town of Queensferry and also to take a cruise on the Firth of Forth, where you can choose to visit the picturesque island of Inchcolm and historic Inchcolm Abbey (the island is not visited during the winter season).
Together these four different tours are the perfect way to enjoy this incredible historic city.
Before you Go
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tours
Operational season: all year round
Operating times may vary over the Christmas period
There is no service on December 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st and January 1st and 2nd.
Duration: each complete tour takes approx. 75 minutes
Passengers can hop on and off at any stop along any of the routes
City Sightseeing Edinburgh: audio guide in 9 languages, including Horrible Histories kids' commentary
Majestic Tour: audio commentary in 10 languages
Edinburgh Tour: live commentary in English
Three Bridges Bus and Boat Tour
The 3 Bridges Bus and Boat Tour operates Mon-Fri 10:05 and 12:05
Saturday and Sunday 10:05, 12:05 and 14:05
Between Nov 1st 2021 and Paril 2nd 2022, the tour only operates on Saturdays and Sundays with departures at 10:05 and 12:05. It will run at the same times from Monday 7th February 2022 to Thursday 10th February.
Duration: the complete tour takes approx. 3 hours
Meeting point: St Andrew Square
Please note that boat tours are weather permitting and the schedule may be subject to change
Please note: the discount shown is based on the price if each part of the package were bought separately.
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.