Hop-on Hop-off Chester
Soak up the history and culture of this incredible medieval city, and make sure you see as much of it as you can on our open-top, double-decker buses. With 15 stops on the route, you can hop on and off as you please, giving you the chance to explore as much as you wish. The bus tour will introduce you to the all the things to do in Chester, including the famous City Walls, the Cathedral, and the Roman Amphitheatre. As you are transported around in style, sit back and enjoy discovering how Chester has survived and prospered through its unbelievable history.
- 24/48hr unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with 360º panoramic views of Chester and surroundings
- Free booklet with deals and discounts at museums, restaurants, and other tours
- Audio guide with pre-recorded commentaries in English. English live guide on some departures
- Create your itinerary. Spend as much time as you like exploring each stop!
- 3-month flexible ticket
Map, Routes & Stops
- 24 or 48-hour bus pass
The bus passes Vicars Lane on its way to The Groves. This is a great place to hop off and take a stroll, with wonderful views to take in. Don't miss Castle Drive and Lower Bridge Street at bus stops 5 & 8, by the dreamy river Dee. Castle Drive is a great place to walk alongside the University of Chester and embrace both historic and natural beauty, with plenty of grass and trees, and check out the old castle structure.
The bus passes Handbridge at stop 7 on the way to Grosvenor Street, before reaching the Old Port area. This is where in earlier centuries, when the River Dee was a far mightier waterway than it is today, large ships used to discharge their cargoes for the City of Chester. The route passes Prince Street and Hunters Walk at stop 11, then St Werburgh Street at the 13th bus stop. Enjoy the views of the spectacular Cathedral before the bus loops back to City Road.
What are you waiting for? Buy your Hop-On Hop-Off ticket online today and get ready to feel & experience Chester.
Before you Go
- Operational season:
- 25 March - 3 November 2018
- 30 March - 27 October 2019
- Red line: Monday - Saturday
- Blue line: Sunday
- First tour: 9:30 a.m.
- Last tour: 5:48 p.m.
- Frequency: every 30 minutes