Wild Connemara + Galway City Day Tour from Dublin
Spend the day in the wild countryside of Connemara on this visit to the beautiful landscape that lies to the west of the city of Galway. You'll see the rugged Twelve Bens, visit impressive loch-side Kylemore Abbey and, in summer, take a cruise on the waters of Ireland's only fjord. Book this unforgettable trip with City Sightseeing today!
- Explore the wonderful wilds of Connemara on this guided day tour departing from Dublin city centre
- In summer, take a cruise on the waters of Ireland's only fjord
- In winter, visit a working sheep farm and see a sheepdog demonstration
- Explore the ancient city of Galway
- See Kylemore Abbey, considered one of the most romantic places in Ireland
- Take amazing photos in the spectacular Inagh Valley
- Professional driver/guide
- Return coach transport
- Killary boat cruise (summer); Sheep farm visit (winter)
- Admission to Kylemore Abbey
Departing from the centre of Dublin, this trip will take you across the country to County Galway. In summer, you will take a cruise on the waters of Killary Fjord, the only fjord in Ireland, where you’ll get to enjoy the stunning views of Mweelrea, the west coast’s highest mountain range, and the Twelve Bens in the Connemara National Park. In winter, you will visit Killary Sheep Farm, a working farm with approximately 200 ewes and lambs, where you’ll get to see a sheepdog at work and learn about how the farm works and about the lives of the people of Connemara.
The next stop on your trip is a visit to Kylemore Abbey, a truly impressive Benedictine monastery on the banks of Pollacapall Lough. First built as a home for a wealthy London politician, the building became an abbey in the years after the First World War. After enjoying this magnificent location, the tour continues on to the Inagh Valley, which is a truly breathtaking stretch of road where you’ll be able to take some fantastic photos.
The final stop is Galway city itself, where you’ll have some time to explore its many fascinating shops and wander its medieval streets. After an unforgettable day, you’ll arrive back in Dublin in time for a well-earned dinner.
Before you Go
On the day
- Pick-up: 6:30 a.m. on Suffolk Street, Dublin
- Drop-off: 7:30 p.m. on Dame Street, Dublin
- We recommend wearing shoes that are appropriate for walking on rough terrain