Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Tour
Depart Reykjavik and travel east along Iceland's dramatic south coast, passing waterfalls, glaciers and volcanoes along the way. This full-day tour to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon will stop at several locations en route to the lagoon, where the Vatnajökull glacier terminates. Marvel at the majestic icebergs as they slowly drift around the lagoon and gradually melt away, before finally returning to Reykjavik on the comfortable coach.
- Explore Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, with the opportunity to take an optional boat tour
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Travel along Iceland’s scenic south coast and see volcanoes, waterfalls and glaciers
- Visit Seljalandsfoss Waterfall and Skógafoss Waterfall – one of the largest in Iceland
- Stop in Vík, the southernmost village in Iceland and see the famous Reynisfjara black sand beach
- Return travel from Reykjavik in a comfortable coach
Traveling along the rugged south coast of Iceland you’ll see numerous volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches, lava fields and glaciers. Highlights include a stop at Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, where you can walk behind the 60-metre falls, and another stop at one of Iceland’s largest waterfalls; Skógafoss. As you continue along the coast look out for the Eyjafjallajökull Volcano, which famously disrupted air travel over much of Europe when it erupted in 2010.
Another stop in the southernmost town in Iceland, Vík, is the perfect opportunity to see the famous Reynisfjara black sand beach. Finally, you’ll arrive at your destination; Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. The lagoon is big, 18 km2 to be exact, and is littered with up to 1,500-year-old ice that silently floats around. Scenes from Batman Begins, Tomb Raider and two James Bond films have been recorded in this spectacular location. You’ll also have the opportunity to join an optional boat tour around the lagoon. Be sure to visit ‘Diamond Beach’, where the glaciers from the lagoon wash up and provide a great photo opportunity as the blue-tinged ice creates a stark contrast to the black sand of the beach.
Before you Go
- Departure point: BSI Reykjavik Bus Terminal
- Departure time:
- 7:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday & Saturday
- Extra dates during the summer months (please consult the calendar for the most up-to-date availability)
- No tours on 25th December
- Duration: 14 hours
- Warm clothes, waterproof jacket and sturdy shoes are recommended (bring a winter hat, scarf, mittens/gloves and warm socks for colder days)