Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
This military and maritime history museum is a top attraction for history buffs and for those interested in American technological innovation. If you want to make the most of your NYC trip, then we highly recommend buying an entrance ticket to explore this landmark in more depth. It's located right on Pier 86 on 46th Street, on the West Side of Manhattan.
- Original artefacts, historic video footage, interactive exhibits and more!
- It showcases the space shuttle Enterprise and the prototype NASA orbiter
- Family-friendly activities and programs to keep children entertained
On the outdoor flight deck, you'll get to discover more than 30 restored aircrafts! Here you can admire each vintage plane and learn about the history, restoration and preservation process. Move on to the Space Shuttle Pavilion to see Enterprise, NASA's orbiter prototype that paved the way for the space shuttle program! Then tour the USS Growler submarine, the only American guided missile submarine open to the public! This is a great day out for everyone and once you're done, take a walk along the harbour and enjoy the sunshine.
Before you Go
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: 777 8th Avenue, NY 10036 (between 47th and 48th Street)
- Opening hours (*subject to change)
- 1st April - 31st October:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- 1st November - 31st March:
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- Duration of visit: 2-3 hours
- Last entry: 1 hour prior to closing
- Please note: there are no advance reservations for a specific time slot
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to gain entry into the museum