Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
Visit the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum and learn all about American sea, air and space technological innovations. In addition to the numerous permanent exhibitions, there are also many rotating exhibitions on naval history, space exploration and more. With dynamic, interactive exhibits, this is the perfect New York attraction for all ages!
- Original artefacts, historic video footage, interactive exhibits and more!
- Family-friendly activities and programs to keep children entertained
- It showcases the space shuttle Enterprise and the prototype NASA orbiter
On the outdoor flight deck, marvel at 28 authentically restored aircraft, including the world’s fasted military jet and spy plane – the Lockheed A-12, and the fastest commercial aircraft to cross the Atlantic – the British Airways Concorde. Admire each vintage plane and learn about the history, restoration and preservation process. Move on to the Space Shuttle Pavilion to see Enterprise, NASA's orbiter prototype that paved the way for the space shuttle program! Then tour the USS Growler submarine, the only American diesel-powered strategic missile submarine open to the public!
With dynamic, interactive exhibits and the aim to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, this museum is the perfect New York attraction for all ages.
Before you Go
- Opening hours (*subject to change)
- 1st April - 31st October:
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- 1st November - 31st March:
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- Duration of visit: 2-3 hours
- Last entry: 1 hour prior to closing
- Please note: there are no advance reservations for a specific time slot
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to gain entry into the museum