Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
This military and maritime history museum is a top attraction for history buffs and for those interested in American technological innovation. If you want to make the most of your NYC trip, then we highly recommend buying an entrance ticket to explore this landmark in more depth. It's located right on Pier 86 on 46th Street, on the West Side of Manhattan.
- Original artefacts, historic video footage, interactive exhibits and more!
- It showcases the space shuttle Enterprise and the prototype NASA orbiter
- Family-friendly activities and programs to keep children entertained
On the outdoor flight deck, you'll get to discover more than 30 restored aircrafts! Here you can admire each vintage plane and learn about the history, restoration and preservation process. Move on to the Space Shuttle Pavilion to see Enterprise, NASA's orbiter prototype that paved the way for the space shuttle program! Then tour the USS Growler submarine, the only American guided missile submarine open to the public! This is a great day out for everyone and once you're done, take a walk along the harbour and enjoy the sunshine.
Know before you go
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: 777 8th Avenue, between 47th and 48th Streets
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: Street level entrance of Port Authority Bus Terminal on 42nd Street, just off the corner of 8th Avenue
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: inside Empire State Building : 350 Fifth Avenue (between 33rd and 34th Streets), ground level