American Museum of Natural History
Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2019, the American Museum of Natural History in New York has been fascinating visitors for a century and a half! One of the world’s largest museums, it is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections. With over 40 exhibition halls, there’s something for the whole family to enjoy.
- Self-guided tour around the Dinosaurs Collection which occupies an entire floor!
- Collections of more than 32 million specimens and artefacts.
- Visit the most interactive Natural History Museum in the World.
In addition to the ever-changing special exhibitions, there are dozens of permanent exhibitions ranging from the origins of humans, to outer space and everything in between. Celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2019, its one of the largest museums in the world and offers something for the whole family to enjoy!
Visit the American Museum of Natural History and discover the history of the world – with amazing, interactive exhibitions, you'll see everything from meteorites, minerals and animals throughout the ages. You'll even get to witness the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world!
Before you Go
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: 777 8th Avenue, NY 10036
- Opening hours (*subject to change)
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
- Duration of visit: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Please note: there are no advance reservations for a specific time slot