Museum of Modern Art
If you've got an eye for design and have a passion for modern day art and photography then the Museum of Modern Art should definitely be on your city sightseeing list. Get your ticket to this fabulous attraction and don't miss one of the most popular museums in the whole of New York City!
- The foremost museum of modern art in the world.
- Evolving collection of 200,000 works of modern & contemporary art.
- Buy your tickets in advance & avoid the long lines.
- Shop with art reproductions, design objects, and over 2,000 book titles.
As you roam around you'll see that the museum is just bursting with vibrant energy and its explosion of colours makes it the perfect place for all the family! There are always special events, exhibitions, film series’ and performance programmes where you'll be able to enrich yourself with the city's passion for art.
Still hungry for more stimulating art pieces? Make sure you Visit MoMA PS1! This contemporary art centre located in Long Island City, is an exhibition space that devotes its energy and resources to displaying the most experimental art works in the world!
Know before you go
- Saturday - Thursday: 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Closed: Thanksgiving, 25 December
- Thursday - Monday: 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday: closed
- Closed: Thanksgiving, 25 December, 1 January
- GLCSSNY Visitors Center: 777 8th Avenue, between 47th and 48th Streets