If you're an art lover then the Metropolitan Museum of Art is certainly the place for you. Its extensive collection of art pieces from different cultures and regions makes it America's largest art galleries! Even the intricate architecture of its exterior is just mind-blowing. So if you want to visit over 2 million permanent pieces of art get your ticket to this fine NYC attraction!
- The Met Store: An extensive selection of jewelery, textiles souvenirs & to take home!
- Family and kid-friendly map to explore the Museum
- 5,000 years of art from all over the world
- Purchase your tickets in advance and avoid the long lines.
- MetKids, a digital feature made for, with, and by kids so they learn as well.
The Met holds several new exhibits each year that run for a few months at a time, so there's bound to be something exciting going on during your visit! If not, then the fun sure isn't foregone. During your trip you'll see some of the finest art collections, all from different backgrounds and heritages. Some of the works here come from Africa, Asia and India, and even some being from the greatest names in art history! So dive into the cultural infusion and enjoy the archaeological antiques that this museum has to offer.
Know before you go
- Same-day access to The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters