Please note that face masks must be worn on board the bus.
- Small groups of 25 people or less for a more personal experience
- Private, air-conditioned bus transport from Barcelona city centre
- Expert, English-speaking local guide providing fascinating commentary
- Leave Barcelona early & beat the crowds as you explore beautiful, yet mysterious Montserrat
- 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour
- Stops near all the major sights
- Audio guide in 16 languages
- Full hygiene measures
- Free Wi-Fi
- Early Morning Montserrat Tour
Only an hour from Barcelona, the ruggedly primitive beauty of the Montserrat mountains has captivated the human imagination for millennia. For the last thousand years, they have been host to the religious community of the Santa Maria de Montserrat monastery, home of the famous wooden Black Madonna, which, alongside St. George, is the patron saint of Catalonia.
This half-day tour sets off nice and early, which means you’ll get to explore this incredible place before it gets too busy. Your expert English-speaking guide will give you an orientation tour before taking you to see the Gothic basilica, home of the Black Madonna. After exploring the basilica, you’ll have some free time to explore the rest of Montserrat. Maybe take a cable car ride to the mountain above the monastery for even more breathtaking views, or head for the contemporary art museum to see works by Picasso, Monet and Dali. And if you’re hungry, try some of the local culinary delights such as herbal liqueurs, honey, cheeses and cured meats before your return bus ride to Barcelona.
In Barcelona, your 1-day hop-on hop-off bus ticket will let you explore each corner of this amazing city, from the Sagrada Familia to Park Güell. We didn’t need to tell you the treasures that Barcelona holds, but hop on the bus and we’ll take you to them.
Before you Go
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Operational season: all year round
- Except on: 1st January, 25th December
- The last bus leaves Plaça de Catalunya. at 19:00.
Early Morning Montserrat Tour
Please note: on making the booking, please choose the date on which you would like to take the Early Morning Montserrat Half-Day Tour. Your ticket can only be used on the date that you choose.
- Availability: due to there being a maximum of 25 people on each tour, certain dates/time slots may no longer be available; please consult the calendar for the most up-to-date availability
- Departure time: 9:30 a.m.
- Departure point: Plaça de Espanya, Barcelona
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the departure time
- End point: Plaça d’Espanya, Barcelona
- Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Entrance to the Montserrat Monastery requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with reduced mobility or prams/strollers
- The Montserrat tour is a separate activity from the hop-on hop-off bus.
Hop-On Hop-Off Barcelona: Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the chosen travel date.
Early Morning Montserrat: All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.