Sky View Observatory Seattle
Soar to the 73rd floor of the tallest building west of the Mississippi River for the best views of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. The Sky View Observatory is the tallest public viewing area in Seattle and offers unobstructed panoramic views of the city, Elliott Bay and beyond to Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker. Take in the breathtaking views for as long as you like, spot famous landmarks like the Great Wheel, Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. Then relax and enjoy a bite to eat or a drink at the Sky View Café.
- At 910 feet, it's the tallest public viewing platform in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest
- Enjoy spectacular views of Seattle and beyond, towards the mountains, lakes and sea
- See iconic landmarks like Elliott Bay, Mount Rainier, the Great Wheel and the Space Needle
- Spend as long as you like admiring the unobstructed 360-degree views
- Relax and unwind at the Sky View Café
- General admission to Sky View Observatory
Located on the 73rd floor of the Columbia Center in downtown Seattle, Sky View Observatory is the tallest public viewing platform in the entire Pacific Northwest. Hop in the lift and within 70 seconds you’ll be over 900 feet above Seattle’s city streets. With panoramic 360-degree views, Sky View Observatory is the perfect place to get your bearings and pick out the sights that you want to visit later.
See Pike Place Market, the Great Wheel and watch as ferries cross Elliott Bay as they head to Bainbridge Island. Watch as the sun sets over the Olympic Mountains and marvel at the iconic Mount Rainier, an active volcano less than 60 miles from Seattle. You can even relax and enjoy the delicious food and drinks on offer at the Sky View Café. Talk about a room with a view!
Before you Go
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Memorial Day weekend through Labour Day weekend: open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hours may vary on certain holidays and for private events
- Last entry: 1 hour before closing
- Visit duration: 45-90 minutes
- Luggage and large bags cannot be accommodated in the observatory; there are no lockers or storage facilities
- Prams/strollers can be taken inside the observatory
- Service animals are welcome
- On presenting your voucher at the Box Office, you will be given a ticket for the next available entry time; immediate entry to the Sky View Observatory is not guaranteed