Product temporarily unavailable
Visit four beautiful islands on Scotland’s scenic West Coast on this full-day Wildlife Tour from Oban. Visit the Isles of Mull, Lunga, Staffa and Iona. The rugged landscapes of these islands are steeped in history and are brimming with wildlife, making them the perfect location for naturalists and photographers, as well as those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Visit four beautiful islands on Scotland’s dramatic West Coast
- From mid-April to early August, see the puffins on the Isle of Lunga
- Return coach and ferry transport from Oban provided
- Marvel at the spectacular Fingal’s Cave on the Isle of Staffa
- Visit the famous abbey and search for the rare and elusive corncrake on the Isle of Iona
- 12-hour guided coach tour
- Ferry transport
- Admission to Iona Abbey
- Food and drink
The first stop will be Lunga, the largest of the Treshnish Isles. Lunga is a Site of Special Scientific Interest due to the many rare and endangered plants that can be found there. But the main attraction is the thousands of puffins that breed on Lunga during the spring and summer months.
From here you will sail on to Staffa, where you can see the awe-inspiring Fingal’s Cave, which was formed due to the island's volcanic origin.
Finally, sail to Iona where you will have two hours to explore. Search for the rare corncrake or visit the famous Iona Abbey and the Reilig Òdhrain,a buriel ground and the final resting place of at least seven Scottish Kings. Finally, enjoy more spectacular views as you relax on the comfortable Caledonian MacBrayne ferry back to Oban.
Before you Go
- Operating season: Sunday to Friday from 16th April to 8th August 2019
- Departure times from Oban:
- Tuesday to Friday: 7:30 a.m.
- Sunday and Monday: 9:50 a.m.
- Please note: Iona is not visited on Sundays and Mondays due to the later departure time from Oban
- Sailings and landings subject to favourable sea and weather conditions
- Duration: 12 hours
- The tour and sites visited are suitable for all ages with the exception of Staffa where, due to possible slippery rocks on the island and some steep steps, we would suggest it is not suitable for very young children or those who would find it difficult when conditions are wet and paths may be slippery underfoot
- Wherever possible, we will assist wheelchair-bound passengers. However, we ask that all passengers who require special assistance or disabled access contact us at least 24 hours before departure to ensure we can accommodate their specific requirements as some tours may have parts that are unsuitable for wheelchair bound passengers
- Snacks and refreshments are readily available to buy on Iona
- We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
- A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.