Historic London Pubs Walking Tour
Explore three of London's oldest pubs on this fascinating afternoon walking tour of historic Bankside. Hear the stories and myths behind the ale houses of Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare, as your expert guide brings the incredible history to life.
- Included beer' flight' (three small tasters of British beer)
- Walking tour with expert guide
- Visit three of London's oldest pubs
- Walking Tour
- English Speaking Guide
- Visit 3 of London's pubs with incredible history
- Beer tasting at The Old Thameside Inn
- Personal Audio Headset
- Pick up and Drop off at your Hotel
Then it’s on to the Anchor Bankside, once a favourite with river pirates and smugglers, it was also from where Samuel Pepys watched the Great Fire of London and where Doctor Johnston wrote part of his dictionary.
Your final stop is the Old Thameside Inn; an old spice warehouse located by the remains of Cardinal Wolsey’s Winchester Palace and proud neighbour to the full-scale replica of Sir Francis Drake’s ship; The Golden Hind.
Know before you go
- Tour Runs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Only, departing at 3.00pm.
- Departure Point: The steps at the front entrance of St Paul's Cathedral. Nearest underground station, St. Pauls.
- Tour Finishes: 6.00pm at The Old Thameside Inn, near London Bridge rail and underground station.
- Amount of Walking: Moderate.
- Please Note: This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 18 years. Beer can only be served to adults 18 years or older.
A refund is subject to availability and depends on our suppliers own terms and conditions. Payment is due at 100% for any cancellations made within 24 hours.