Enjoy a visit to historic Hampton Court Palace, a window into the world of Henry VIII. Perhaps the most famous of his palaces, its many highlights include the impressive Great Hall, the legendary Haunted Gallery and the enormous Tudor Kitchens, built for Henry’s 1000-strong court. Also, explore the beautiful baroque apartments built for William and Mary in the late 17th century and the magnificent gardens.
- All only half-an-hour by train from central London.
- Relax in the incredible landscaped gardens.
- Explore the world of the Kings and Queens of Tudor and Stuart England.
- Get lost in the country's oldest hedge maze.
- See the fantastic collection of paintings in the Royal Collection at the Cumberland Art Gallery.
- Entance to Hampton Court Palace and Gardens
- Entrance to all galleries and exhibitions
- Entrance to the Magic Garden (29th March - 3rd November 2019)
- Entrance to the Maze
- Multi-language audio guide
- Live historical reenactments
- Children's activity trails
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
And it’s no wonder why! The Palace and its grounds are one of the country’s most beautifully preserved historical highlights. You can enjoy the sheer majesty of the palace itself. Wonder at the incredible Great Hall, the last Medieval hall built for the English royal family.
Or feel chilled in the Haunted Gallery, where Catharine Howard reputedly begged for her life after Henry discovered her infidelity. She begged in vain because Henry had her beheaded at the tower and some say her ghost still runs, still begging, through the gallery.
Or relax in the fantastic gardens, featuring the oldest puzzle maze and the largest grape vine in the world, as well as more than a million flowers!
Before you Go
- 29th March to 3rd November:
- The Palace and Gardens: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Last admission is at 5:00 p.m.
- The Magic Garden and Maze: last admission at 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday 11th June: Hampton Court Palace will close at 5:00 p.m. (last admission: 4:00 p.m.) and last entry to the Magic Garden and Maze will be at 4:15 p.m.
- 4th November to 27th March:
- Closed: 24th-26th December
- The Palace and Gardens: 10:00 a.m to 4:30 pm. Last admission is at 3:30 p.m.
- The Maze: last admission at 3:45 p.m.
- Please allow 2 hours for your visit to Hampton Court Palace and Gardens
- Please note that student tickets are valid for those visitors aged 16 and 17 and students with a valid student card
- Whilst we strive to make Hampton Court Palace accessible to all visitors, this historic building has many uneven surfaces and difficult staircases. We recommend that wheelchair users bring their own wheelchairs for comfort and ease
- Disabled visitors are entitled to bring an accompanying carer free of charge. Complimentary tickets for adult carers can only be obtained on the day of your visit upon presentation of proof of registered disability