Walk in the footsteps of royalty as you explore the beautiful Kensington Palace. The birthplace and childhood home of Queen Victoria and the official residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kensington Palace has been the home to royals for over 300 years. Visit the opulent King’s State Apartments, the lavish Queen’s Apartments and stroll through the beautifully manicured palace gardens. Plus, from the 24th May, visit two new Queen Victoria exhibitions.
- From the 24th May 2019, visit two new Queen Victoria exhibitions
- Walk in the footsteps of Kings and Queens as you discover the luxurious State Apartments
- Explore Kensington Palace and its beautiful gardens
- Visit the palace gardens, including the Sunken Garden, one of Princess Diana’s favourite spots
- Entrance into Kensington Palace, the State Rooms, displays and all public areas of the palace and gardens
- Audio guide
2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth at Kensington Palace, and from the 24th May two new exhibitions will focus on her life: Victoria: A Royal Childhood and Victoria: Woman and Crown.
Victoria: A Royal Childhood will focus on Queen Victoria´s early years. Learn about her family life, education and struggles under the strict “Kensington System”.
Victoria: Woman and Crown will look at her global influence as well as her role as a mother, wife, queen and empress. Featuring rare survivals from her wardrobe, this is not to be missed!
Before you Go
- Open daily, except 24-26th December
- Summer (1st March - 31st October): 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Winter (1st November - 29th February): 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Last admission: 1 hour before close
- Please allow 90 minutes for your visit
- Please note that student tickets are valid for those visitors aged 16 and 17 and students with a valid student card
- We do everything we can to ensure disabled visitors enjoy the full palace experience. Dedicated facilities, tours, carer tickets and wheelchair hire are available
- Disabled visitors are entitled to bring an accompanying carer free of charge. Complimentary tickets for adult carers can only be obtained on the day of your visit upon presentation of proof of registered disability