BODY WORLDS London
Explore the human body like never before – literally get under the skin to discover what lies beneath! Join over 47 million visitors globally and unlock the fascinating secrets at the heart of the human body in Dr Gunther von Hagens’ world-famous BODY WORLDS exhibition. With real human bodies, get transported on a unique, interactive and fascinating educational journey.
- London’s newest attraction in the heart of the West End
- See real human bodies and over 200 anatomical specimens on display
- A unique, interactive & educational experience. Discover things you never knew about the human body
- An anatomy museum suitable for all ages and families
- Admission to Body Worlds London
The odourless bodies have had their skin removed and are preserved using Dr Gunther von Hagens’ ‘plastination technique’ which will allow them to last longer than Egyptian mummies! With bones, muscles, nerves, veins and organs all visible, the exhibition offers a unique experience to literally get under the skin and discover the hidden secrets of the human anatomy.
Displayed in a variety of active positions, the bodies allow you to observe in great detail just how each muscle, bone and body part interact are used in every-day situations. In addition to anatomy you can also learn about how your lifestyle choices affect your body – observe how smoking affects your lungs or how an artificial knee works in the human body.
Suitable for all ages, the BODY WORLDS London exhibition offers a captivating educational experience for the whole family.
Before you Go
- Open daily
- Daily: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Open late on the last Friday of every month (until 10:00 p.m.)
- Christmas: 24th & 31st December, 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. / 25th December, 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. / 1st January, 10:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Last admission is 60 minutes before closing time
- Duration: 1.5 to 2 hours
- No bags are allowed in the exhibition, please avoid taking them with you
- Onsite locker facilities are available. Please be aware that there is a charge for this facility (£2/£6)
- Photography and filming, including taking pictures with mobile phones, are not allowed in the exhibition, except by accredited members of the media
- BODY WORLDS London is fully accessible for wheelchair users
- If you are registered with a disability, you are entitled to a free carer ticket. Please bring proof of registered disability
- For any special assistance, please let our welcome team know upon arrival