St Andrews, Dundee and a Taste of Fife
Whisky, golf, castles…what could be more Scottish? You’ll go on a fascinating journey around St Andrews, the Kingdom of Fife and Dundee on this full-day tour from Edinburgh, taking in the key sights as you head north of the Scottish capital.
- Entertaining and informative live commentary in English
- Free time to explore in St Andrews, the home of golf
- Full-day tour from Edinburgh with transport provided in a comfortable coach with free Wi-Fi
- Travel along the coast of Fife and past traditional fishing villages
- Visit Kingsbarns Distillery, with two optional tours to choose from
- Explore the V&A Design Museum located on Dundee’s waterfront
- Cross the Firth of Forth and see the world-famous Forth Bridge
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to St. Andrews, Dundee and Fife
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but can be purchased on the tour at a discounted rate
Travel across the Firth of Forth, where you’ll be able to see the world-famous Forth Bridge, to Dundee. Once in Dundee you’ll have free time to explore the landmark V&A Design Museum. The spectacular building is a work of art itself, but the museum exhibits are equally fascinating. Located next to the museum is the RRS Discovery, which was built in Dundee and, in 1901, captained by R.F. Scott who sailed south on the famous expedition to the Antarctic.
After Dundee you’ll head to St Andrews, where you’ll have free time for lunch and to explore the home of golf. Explore the Old Course and see the famous Swilcan Bridge, or visit other historic sights such as the castle, cathedral and the world-famous St Andrews University.
Up next is the Kingsbarns Distillery in Fife, one of Scotland’s newest distilleries. Here you can join an optional whisky or gin tour, both with tastings.
Finally, travel past traditional fishing villages lining the Firth of Forth on your way back to Edinburgh city centre.
Before you Go
- Operational season:
- 1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Monday & Thursday
- 1st November 2019 – 31st March 2020: Thursday
- The tour does not operate between 23rd December and 6th January
- The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 8:30 a.m., returning at approximately 5:30 p.m.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Please note: children under the age of 8 are not permitted on the tour
- Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
- We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
- A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.