Product temporarily unavailable
The Scottish Borders are rich in both history and natural beauty. Our day trip from Edinburgh to the Scottish Borders and surrounding area will allow you to explore some of the highlights of southern Scotland, from the ornate Rosslyn Chapel to the rolling countryside of the Scottish Lowlands and the picturesque town of Melrose, in the shadow of the Eildon Hills. The last stop is Floors Castle, the largest inhabited castle in the country.
- Day tour from Edinburgh on a luxury coach with WiFi and USB-charging
- Admire the 15th-century Rosslyn Chapel which features in Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code'
- Explore picturesque Melrose, in the heart of the countryside, and the ruins of the town's Abbey
- Visit Scotland's largest inhabited castle, the stately Floors Castle on the banks of the River Tweed
- Informative and entertaining tour guide
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to Rosslyn Chapel, Melrose and Floors Castle
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but these can be purchased at a discounted rate
Next stop is the pretty town of Melrose. Here, you can explore the ruins of its 12th-century abbey, where the heart of King Robert the Bruce is said to be buried. The village itself is a delight, with two National Trust walled gardens. You can sit and relax in the peaceful Harmony Garden or head to the High Street, where you’ll find a trove of independent shops, bakeries, cafés and delis should you want to buy souvenirs or something to eat.
The last stop of the tour is Floors Castle, ancestral home of the Dukes of Roxburghe. Built in the 18th century, the castle is in reality a stately home, and is notable for its walled gardens, a genuine Victorian kitchen garden.
The return journey to Edinburgh takes you through more of the spectacular countryside of the Scottish Borders, with views over the Firth of Forth. It’s a day that you won’t forget.
Before you Go
- Operational season:
- 1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Wednesday
- The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 9:15 a.m., returning at approximately 5:15 p.m.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Please note: children under the age of 5 are not permitted on the tour
On the day
- Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
- We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
- A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.