Product temporarily unavailable
Please note that tours are suspended until further notice.
- See Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain as you travel through Fort William
- Visit the picturesque towns of Callander & Pitlochry; one of Queen Victoria’s favourite holiday destinations
- Travel through both the Cairngorms and Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Parks
- See the Caledonian Canal, an impressive feat of Scottish engineering
- Search for Nessie on Loch Ness as you cruise the loch on the optional boat cruise
- Entertaining and informative live commentary in English
- Full-day tour from Edinburgh with transport provided in a comfortable coach with free Wi-Fi
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to Loch Ness and the Highlands
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but can be purchased on the tour at a discounted rate
Leave Edinburgh behind and travel north to Loch Ness, passing through Scotland’s wild and dramatic Highlands on this full-day tour. See some of the country's landmark historic sites, including Stirling Castle and the National Wallace Monument, before winding your way through the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park en route to the town of Callander, the gateway to some of Scotland's most breathtaking scenery.
Pass by Glencoe, the ancient volcano, twisting and turning through mountain roads with unforgettable views and discover the history of the centuries-old settlements and events that have shaped the landscape. Pause for lunch at Fort Augustus by the Caledonian Canal, admiring the views over the renowned Loch Ness. Take an optional boat cruise on this famous stretch of water to search for Nessie herself with the boat’s sonar system and live guide.
Once back on dry land, we'll drive you south through the picturesque Cairngorms National Park before arriving at Pitlochry, one of Queen Victoria’s favourite holiday destinations, with its quaint streets and cosy tea rooms. From here its back to Edinburgh where you’ll be dropped off in the city centre.
Before you Go
When reserving your place on the tour, please select the date on which you would like to take the Loch Ness and Highland Experience Tour.
1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Monday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
1st November 2019 – 31st March 2020: Tuesday & Saturday
The tour does not operate between 23rd December and 6th January
The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 7:45 a.m., returning at approximately 8:15 p.m.
Duration: 12.5 hours
Please note: children under the age of 5 are not permitted on the tour
On the day
Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing. Please check dates carefully before purchasing tickets.