Loch Ness and the Highland Experience
Search for the elusive Nessie on Loch Ness, travel through picturesque highland villages and visit two of Scotland’s stunning national parks: Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, and the Cairngorms. Escape the bustling city of Edinburgh on this full-day tour in search of the country's breathtaking scenery; this is one experience you cannot miss on your trip to Scotland.
- Full-day tour from Edinburgh with transport provided in a comfortable coach with free Wi-Fi
- Entertaining and informative live commentary in English
- Search for Nessie on Loch Ness as you cruise the loch on the optional boat cruise
- See the Caledonian Canal, an impressive feat of Scottish engineering
- Travel through both the Cairngorms and Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Parks
- Visit the picturesque towns of Callander & Pitlochry; one of Queen Victoria’s favourite holiday destinations
- See Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain as you travel through Fort William
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to Loch Ness and the Highlands
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but can be purchased on the tour at a discounted rate
Pass by Glencoe, the ancient volcano, twisting and turning through mountain roads with unforgettable views and discover the history of the centuries-old settlements and events that have shaped the landscape. Pause for lunch at Fort Augustus by the Caledonian Canal, admiring the views over the renowned Loch Ness. Take an optional boat cruise on this famous stretch of water to search for Nessie herself with the boat’s sonar system and live guide.
Once back on dry land, we'll drive you south through the picturesque Cairngorms National Park before arriving at Pitlochry, one of Queen Victoria’s favourite holiday destinations, with its quaint streets and cosy tea rooms. From here its back to Edinburgh where you’ll be dropped off in the city centre.
Before you Go
- Operational season:
- 1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Monday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
- 1st November 2019 – 31st March 2020: Tuesday & Saturday
- The tour does not operate between 23rd December and 6th January
- The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 7:45 a.m., returning at approximately 8:15 p.m.
- Duration: 12.5 hours
- Please note: children under the age of 5 are not permitted on the tour
- Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
- We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
- A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.