Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and Doune Castle
Visit Scotland’s largest loch: Loch Lomond, see historic castles and take in the breathtaking scenery of the Trossachs National Park on this full-day tour from Edinburgh. Leave the hustle and bustle of the city centre behind you and let us take you on an unforgettable journey around central Scotland.
- Travel past the National Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle on the return journey to Edinburgh
- Visit the medieval castle of Doune, which has featured in Game of Thrones and Outlander TV series
- Free time to explore and have lunch in the highland town of Aberfoyle
- Optional boat cruise on Loch Lomond, or free time to explore the beautiful village of Balloch
- Views of Glasgow’s monuments as you pass through the city and cross the River Clyde
- Entertaining and informative live commentary in English
- Full-day tour departing from Edinburgh city centre, travelling on a comfortable coach with free WiFi
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to Loch Lomond, The Trossachs and Doune Castle
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but can be purchased on the tour at a discounted rate
Next is the highland town of Aberfoyle where you’ll learn about the legends of the fairies that inhabit the surrounding trees. With free time for lunch, wander around the Scottish Wool Centre or even see a sheep dog display. From here, it's on to Doune and its 13th century castle, featured in Game of Thrones and Outlander, where you can get a taste of how people lived over 700 years ago.
Finally, pass by the National Wallace Monument and historic Stirling Castle as you return to Edinburgh city centre.
Before you Go
- Operational season:
- 1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 1st November 2019 – 31st March 2020: Friday & Sunday
- The tour does not operate between 23rd December and 6th January
- The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 8:00 a.m., returning at approximately 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: 9 hours
- Please note: children under the age of 5 are not permitted on the tour
- Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
- We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
- Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
- A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.