Please note that tours are suspended until further notice.
- Enjoy the breath-taking views of Glencoe's magical landscape from the award-winning Visitor Centre
- Frequent photo stops to capture the spectacular landscape of the Scottish Highlands
- Visit historic Inveraray Castle which features in the well-known TV series, 'Downton Abbey'
- Wander through the picture-perfect village of Luss by Scotland's largest loch, Loch Lomond
- Day trip to the Highlands, travelling on a luxury coach from Edinburgh city centre
- Guided day tour from Edinburgh to Glencoe, Inveraray and Luss
- Return transport on a luxury coach, with WiFi and USB charging
- Food and drink
- Admission fees to attractions are not included, but can be purchased on the tour at a discounted rate
The Highlands are one of Britain’s natural wonders. This land of mountains and lochs is a place of the most incredible natural beauty. Take our tour and you’ll be able to experience some of the best highlights that the Highlands have to offer in just one day.
The first stop on the tour is Luss, a little village on the banks of Loch Lomond. Its restored 18th-century cottages are picture-postcard perfect and it’s the ideal location to appreciate the stunning beauty of Scotland’s largest loch in the heart of the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
Then, venture deeper into the Highlands, with the landscape around you becoming ever more rugged, until you reach Inveraray, a picturesque village on the western shore of Loch Fyne, famous for its delicious oysters. The highlight of your visit to Inveraray will undoubtedly be the magnificent Gothic Revival castle. This castle, which featured in an episode of ‘Downton Abbey’, was built in the 18th century for the Duke of Argyll who, during the construction, had the whole town moved so that the castle would be more secluded!
Take in the spectacular scenery as you wind your way through the mountains to reach Glencoe, one of the most unforgettable parts of the Highlands. You won’t believe the views as you approach the glen and once there, you’ll visit the award-winning Visitor Centre, the perfect place from which to appreciate the remarkable landscape, formed by volcanic activity and ice ages.
Before you Go
When reserving your place on the tour, please select the date on which you would like to take the Glencoe, Inveraray and Luss Tour.
1st April 2019 – 31st October 2019: Wednesday & Friday
1st November 2019 – 31st March 2020: Wednesday
The tour does not operate between 23rd December and 6th January
The tour departs Edinburgh city centre (Charlotte Square) at 7:45 a.m., returning at approximately 6:45 p.m.
Duration: 11 hours
Please note: children under the age of 5 are not permitted on the tour
On the day
Snacks and refreshments are available to buy at the various stops made during the tour; alternatively, you can bring your own picnic
We recommend wearing layers and bringing a waterproof jacket
Please wear sturdy, comfortable footwear
A backpack is recommended for carrying waterproofs, snacks, water, cameras etc.
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing. Please check dates carefully before purchasing tickets.