Think that Ireland has only given leprechauns and shamrocks to the world? Think again! Visit EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum and discover why 10 million Irish people left their homeland, and the global impact it subsequently had. A fascinating experience for the whole family, this modern museum brings these captivating stories to life with breathtaking, interactive galleries.
- Voted Europe's Leading Tourist Attraction 2019 at the World Travel Awards.
- Find out why millions of Irish people travelled the world over the centuries
- Discover how Irish emigrants became scientists, politicians, artists and even outlaws around the world
- Read actual letters sent back to Ireland by those who had left
- Fun for the whole family with easy-to-use, high-tech galleries
- Send a digital postcard to your family and friends
- General admission to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
- Free mobile app, which includes an audio guide
- Headset/audio guide (2€ supplement)
From artists and actors, to poets, scientists and even outlaws; Irish emigrants have had a truly global impact. Easy-to-use, high-tech galleries allow you to dance through motion sensor quizzes, listen to remastered audio from 100 years ago and watch videos; bringing these stories of adventure, hardship and triumph to life.
EPIC is a modern museum with fascinating interactive galleries for the whole family to enjoy. Try your hand at Irish dancing, stamp your souvenir EPIC passport, listen to talking books in the library and send a digital postcard to friends and family around the world.
This interactive, family-friendly museum is a must-see for anyone interested in Ireland’s people, culture and history!
Before you Go
- Open 7 days a week, except 24th-26th December (inclusive)
- Open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. (last entry at 5:00 p.m.)
- A minimum of 90 minutes is recommended to complete the self-guided tour
- Headsets/Audio guides are available to rent on arrival; 2€ supplement
- Languages available: English, Irish, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Polish and Manderin Chinese
- The 'EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum' app (including an audio guide) is also available to download for free
- The museum is fully wheelchair accessible
- Courtesy push wheelchairs available upon request
- There are secure, coin operated lockers that can accommodate standard carry-on luggage. Lockers accept €1 coins. Please note bags/luggage which do not fit securely in the lockers cannot be accepted