Discover thousands of years of history as you explore the world’s most visited art museum: the Louvre. With skip-the-line access on this Louvre Masterpieces and Royal Palace Tour, you’ll visit the best pieces in the 35,000-piece collection, as well as discover some hidden gems. From the 4,000-year-old Great Sphinx of Tanis to perhaps the most famous portrait of all time, the Mona Lisa, your expert guide will explain everything you need to know about these masterpieces.
- Skip-the-line access to the Louvre Museum
- Visit the most important pieces including the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, and the Nike of Samothrace
- Expert, local guide passionate about the Louvre’s art
- Personal headset, when appropriate, so you never miss a word of the fascinating commentary
- Intimate groups of 25 people or less
- Skip-the-line access to the Louvre
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets (when appropriate)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
On this 3-hour tour your expert, English-speaking guide will captivate you with the history, interpretations and techniques used to create some of the most iconic masterpieces on display. Learn about perhaps the most famous portrait of all time: Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, as well as other lesser-known, but equally fascinating works.
Before Louis XIV moved the court to Versailles, the Louvre was actually the Royal Palace. Finish the tour in the Napoleon Apartments and be transported back in time and discover what the lavish interior was like in the 1800s.
Before you Go
- Meeting point: Arc du Carrousel
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start time
- Availability: due to there being a maximum of 25 people on each tour, certain dates/time slots may no longer be available; please consult the calendar for the most up-to-date availability
- Duration: 3 hours
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with reduced mobility or prams/strollers
- Please note that parties of 7 or more people may be split into different groups on the day of the tour at the meeting point
- Please note that due to renovation work carried on inside the Louvre until mid-October 2019, we might not be able to cover some artworks such as the Mona Lisa. Although this is not under our control, your guide will do his best to provide a qualitative service in line with the advertised tour length