Skip-the-Line Palace of Versailles and Gardens
- A maximum group size of only 25 for more personal attention.
- With your own headset, you’ll always be able to hear your guide's fascinating stories.
- An English-speaking tour guide who will help the history come to life.
- Round-trip travel from Paris on an air-conditioned coach.
- Skip-the-Line entrance means you’ll not have to waste time queuing.
- Optional Musical Gardens or Fountain Show to complete the experience.
- Fountain Show or Musical Gardens (optional)
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Headsets when appropriate
- Round-trip air-conditioned coach trip from the centre of Paris
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Palace of Versailles and its Gardens
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
The stunning Palace of Versailles and its magnificent gardens were built by the Sun King, Louis XIV. They stand as a monument to and reminder of an age of absolute monarchy when France was one of the world´s great powers. Versailles was an ostentatious demonstration of the glory and might of both Louis and France herself.
Today, you can walk in the footsteps of the last French monarchs without having to worry about the guillotine! The palace is yours to explore. The most famous of its more than 700 rooms is undoubtedly the spectacular Hall of Mirrors, which is so grand that it is still used today for France to host visiting Heads of State.
Outside, the gardens are every inch a match for the opulence of the palace itself. First designed by the famed French landscape architect, André Le Nôtre, they are the ultimate expression of the French Garden style. Extending for almost 2,000 acres, they are home to an incredible 200,000 trees, 210,000 annually planted flowers, 50 fountains and more than 5 kilometres of canal! Definitely gardens fit for a king.
The gardens are the venue for the amazing Fountain Show or the Musical Gardens, where you can enjoy the landscaped surroundings accompanied by music. You can add either of these ticket options at checkout to round off your tour of the Palace of Versailles.
Before you Go
Please note: when booking please choose the date and time for your tour and remember to select whether you want to do the tour without a show, with the Fountain Show or with the Musical Gardens.
General tour information
Duration: approx. 4 hours, including travel time
This tour involves some walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
Due to there being a maximum of 25 people on each tour, certain dates/time slots may no longer be available; please consult the calendar for the most up-to-date availability.
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.