Product temporarily unavailable
- Purchase breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks from the on-board bar
- 3 hours of free time to explore the Mount Vernon estate and grounds
- Narrated commentary will provide context as you cruise down the Potomac
- Pass historic and modern monuments like Fort Washington and Ronald Regan Airport
- Three-hour round-trip cruise along the Potomac River to Mount Vernon
- Admission to Mount Vernon: explore the home of George Washington
- Visit one of the most iconic 18th-century homes in the USA on this tour
- Round-trip cruise, departing from Washington D.C.
- Entrance to Mount Vernon Estate
- Food and drink
Explore the family home of the first President of the United States on this historic tour. The Spirit of Mount Vernon Cruise departs Washington DC and takes you down the Potomac River to George Washington’s family home, Mount Vernon, where you’ll have free time to explore.
As you cruise down the scenic Potomac River you’ll pass the likes of Alexandria, Fort Washington, Ronald Regan Airport and the Torpedo Factory Art Centre. Narrated commentary will provide you with fascinating information as you pass these historic and modern landmarks. After a pleasant 90-minute cruise you’ll arrive at the Mount Vernon Estate (admission included).
Disembark to explore this historic landmark, both inside and out. The house was built in 1734 by Washington’s father and was then slowly expanded over the years to create the 21-room mansion that dominates the estate today. The extensive 500-acre grounds are just as fascinating as the main house, and feature over 30 outbuildings, farm animals, a botanic garden and the tomb of George and Martha Washington.
After you’ve explored Mount Vernon, board the boat and enjoy the 90-minute cruise back to Washington DC. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are available to purchase, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Before you Go
Cruises run March through October
Please call 866-306-2469 for availability
- While Spirit of Mount Vernon is wheelchair-accessible at our home dock, the disembarkation at Mount Vernon is not on-level with our wheelchair-accessible deck. Therefore, we do not recommend travel to Mount Vernon by way of this vessel to guests with mobility limitations, unless they are able to exit the ship without the use of their wheelchair
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.