The San Francisco Dungeon
Take an immersive tour of the seamy side of San Francisco’s history. The city’s past is often more than a little murky and the San Francisco Dungeon is a fascinating, fun and thrilling way to find out about some of its most macabre moment and shadiest characters, from Shanghai Kelly, a man you wouldn’t want to have a drink with, to the dark days of the Chinatown Plague.
- Be part of the action in this supremely entertaining immersive experience
- Find out how it feels to be shanghaied by an infamous crimp
- Escape from Alcatraz on the thrilling drop ride
- Learn about the fascinating dark side of the city’s history
- Enjoy San Francisco’s most frightening and fun experience
- Admission to the San Francisco Dungeon
The fun starts with a rickety “elevator ride” down into the heart of a gold mine made of a maze of mirrors, where you’ll have as much chance of finding your way out as finding gold! From the mines, it’s on to the gang-run streets of Victorian San Francisco. Watch out for the Hounds!
Where there’s crime, there are courts and the courts of 19th-century were run by such men as Alcalde Meade who supposedly once gave a man the death penalty for horse stealing because he admitted to being a smoker! Let’s hope he doesn’t accuse you of any crimes…
Ever been shanghaied by a crimp? No, well, take a drink at Miss Piggott’s Saloon and you might find out what that question means. Just be careful where you step! San Francisco was a dangerous place back in the day. If you weren’t having to watch your back for crimps, you’d have to be thinking about the plague. Yes, the Black Death was on the loose in Chinatown at the start of the 20th century.
Last but not least are the haunted horrors of Alcatraz. And the only escape from this chilling penitentiary experience is the Escape Alcatraz Drop Ride, a final thrill in this fun-packed tour of the Bay City’s murky, murky past.
Before you Go
- Opening hours (*subject to change):
- Monday and Thursday: 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (first show at 12:30 p.m.)
- Friday - Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (first show at 10:30 a.m.)
- Closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Duration: approximately one hour
- Shows start every half hour
- Please note that the Dungeon is not recommended for children under 13