Aquarium of the Bay
Visit the Aquarium of the Bay and discover the fascinating marine life that inhabits the waters of San Francisco Bay. Located on San Fran’s famous waterfront at Pier 39, the aquarium features 20,000 marine animals that can be found in the region. Walk through tunnels, touch different types of animals, see sharks, rays and jellyfish, and learn about climate change and the effects it has on marine life. This is a hands-on experience that will provide plenty of entertainment for the whole family.
- Book your tickets with City Sightseeing and have fun with the whole family
- Knowledgeable staff available in each exhibit to answer any questions you may have
- Learn about how climate change is affecting these animals and what we can do to help
- Exhibits feature 7 different animal habitats from the Bay Area
- Walk through 300 feet of tunnels as sharks and other animals swim in the tanks above you
- Touchpools allow visitors to touch and interact with some animals like sharks and sea stars
- See 20,000 marine animals that can be found in and around San Francisco Bay
- Conveniently located on San Francisco's waterfront at Pier 39
- Admission to Aquarium of the Bay
Start with the Discover the Bay exhibit and learn about the San Francisco Bay ecosystem and some of the animals that call it home. Here you’ll see golden-orange Garibaldi, the State Marine Fish of California. Next you’ll get to see hundreds of Moon Jellies floating around a 725-gallon tank in the Go With the Flow exhibit.
Head below the surface in the Under the Bay exhibit and explore 300 feet of tunnels as sevengill sharks, rays, giant pacific octopuses and sturgeon fish swim above you. This is sure to be a highlight as these majestic animals swim inches above your head! Move on to the Touch the Bay exhibit which features touchpools where you can touch baby sharks, rays, sea stars and sea cucumbers. Children and adults alike will love this unique and hands-on experience. Here you’ll also learn about how climate change is affecting these beautiful animals and how we can try to help. Finally, be sure to visit the River Otters exhibit and watch the four resident otters frolic about as they dip, dive and play with each other.
Before you Go
- Opening hours (*subject to change):
- Daily, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- The Aquarium closes early on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve
- Closed on Christmas Day
- Please allow around 90 minutes for your visit
- There are special QR Codes throughout the aquarium that you can scan with your personal phone or tablet (available in English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin & Spanish)