Eastern State Penitentiary + Hop-On Hop-Off Philadelphia
The bus is in service from Thursday to Sunday until the end of March.
- Make your itinerary, hop off where you want and see what you want
- Flexible 12-month ticket
- See Al Capone’s cell at the fascinating Eastern State Penitentiary
- Walk the corridors of a genuine 19th-century prison
- Save up to 13% on standalone prices!
- 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour
- Stops near all the major sights
- Multi-language audio guide
- Full hygiene measures
- Admission to Eastern State Penitentiary
- Admission to National Liberty Museum
Who knew you could have a good time in prison? Well, at the Eastern State Penitentiary, you definitely can. A visit here provides a fascinating insight into the lives of its inmates when it was Philadelphia’s most important correctional facility and one of the most famous in the world. Al Capone did all he could to avoid ending up here, but with this excellent combination offer, you’ll be glad you got to visit. And to make things even better, our bus takes you right there.
Once you’ve been released (don’t worry, you can leave when you want) from the penitentiary, hop back on the bus and continue exploring Philadelphia. As on of the United States’ oldest cities, it’s got more history than you can shake a stick at. Among the places we recommend hopping off are Betsy Ross House and the Museum of the American Revolution, before heading to see the Liberty Bell itself in Independence National Historical Park.
Before you Go
Eastern State Penitentiary
- Opening times (*subject to change):
- Wednesday to Sunday, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Last entry: 4:00 p.m.
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Visit duration: approximately 2 hours
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus: Your ticket can be cancelled within three months of its purchase date. Eastern State Penitentiary: All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.