Franklin's Footsteps Walking Tour
Please note that tours are suspended until further notice.
- Learn about US history and the founding of modern-day America
- Suitable for the whole family
- See Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence & US Constitution were signed
- See the Liberty Bell, an iconic symbol of American independence
- Visit historic locations like Christ Church, Franklin Court and Betsy Ross House
- Follow in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the USA
- Enjoy a 75-minute guided walking tour through Philadelphia’s historic district
- 75-minute guided walking tour
Benjamin Franklin ran away from home at the age of 17 in search of a new life. He settled in Philadelphia and later became one of the most influential Founding Fathers and helped establish the America we know today. On this Franklin Footsteps Walking Tour you will discover Philadelphia through Franklin’s eyes and learn about America’s transition to an independent country.
This 75-minute walking tour will take you through Philadelphia’s historic streets and back into the city’s colonial past. Dressed in traditional colonial costume, an expert guide will enthral you with fun facts and historical information about the US Constitution, the War of Independence and about Benjamin Franklin himself.
You’ll also pass by some of the most iconic locations of American independence. You’ll see Independence Hall, where both the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were signed. You’ll pass by Franklin Court, where Franklin’s house once stood, and you’ll visit Christ Church burial ground, where Franklin was laid to rest after his death in 1790. Other highlights include Betsy Ross House, where the first American flag was made, and perhaps the most iconic symbol of American independence: the Liberty Bell. This is sure to be a fun and informative tour that the whole family will enjoy.
Before you Go
Meeting point: Independence Visitor Center
Availability (*subject to change):
April: weekends only
May - October: daily
November: weekends only
Start times: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Duration: 75 minutes
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.