The Audubon Zoo in New Orleans is a great day out for the whole family. Book your tickets with City Sightseeing to one of America's top-ranked zoos! Located in Uptown New Orleans, the zoo is a haven for wildlife in the middle of the city. See beautiful white alligators, tigers, bears, leopards and the endangered Sumatran orangutan amongst others. With daily animal presentations, hands on animal encounters and unique natural habitat exhibits, the zoo offers a fascinating and entertaining educational experience for all to enjoy.
- Consistently one of America’s top-ranked zoos
- Children’s play area and numerous eateries and dining options
- Award-winning Louisiana Swamp exhibit – learn about Louisiana culture, wildlife and history
- Beautiful gardens and natural habitat exhibits featuring exotic and endangered animals
- Daily activities including animal presentations, ‘keeper chats’ and hands-on animal encounters
- General admission to the Audubon Zoo
- Admission to Boo at the Zoo, Zoo to Do, Zoo to Do for Kids or any other special admission events
Travel around the globe and see exotic and endangered animals, such as the unique and mesmerising white alligators or the endangered whooping crane – the tallest North American bird. Learn about the relationship between people and nature and the importance of conservation. With stunning natural habitat exhibits, you’ll forget that you’re in the middle of New Orleans. Daily animal presentations, ‘keeper chats’ and hands-on animal encounters make the Audubon Zoo a fully immersive and interactive experience.
See elephants and giraffes in the African Savanna exhibit; get lost in the Bambu Village Asian Discovery trail, featuring touch-friendly animals and education stations; experience the ancient Mayan culture in the Jaguar Jungle, where budding archaeologists can search for Mayan treasure at the dig site; and learn about Louisiana culture, wildlife and history in the Louisiana Swamp exhibit. The Audubon Zoo is a great fun-filled day out for the whole family.
Before you Go
- Opening hours (*subject to change):
- Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Open on Mondays in spring and summer
- Closed on Mardi Gras Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- The following items are not permitted in the zoo:
- Glass containers, disposable straws and lids
- Bicycles, skates, pets, and radios
- Exhibits at the Zoo are easily accessible by wheelchair or stroller. The Zoo is handicap accessible and the pathways are ADA accessible. Most exhibits are also easy to view from different vantage points
- Audubon Zoo is a smoke-free facility