The National WWII Museum
The National World War II Museum is one of the States’ most highly rated tourist attractions. Immerse yourself in the story of the Second World War from the point of view of the American forces and the American people. This incredible museum really does make the past come to life!
- See an actual Enigma machine.
- Have fun learning with the interactive exhibits.
- Get up close to a Sherman tank and original artillery pieces.
- Displays of genuine WWII planes.
- Admission to the museum’s permanent exhibits
- Admission to the temporary exhibits
- Stage Door Canteen, Beyond All Boundaries 4D Film and Final Mission: The USS Tang Submarine
Perhaps, the standout exhibit is ‘The D-Day Invasion of Normandy’. This tells the story of D-Day in an impressive and impactful way. D-Day was the original inspiration behind building the museum here as the landing craft used in the landings, Higgins boats, were designed and built in New Orleans.
Told from an American perspective, the exhibits easily fulfil their aim of educating the visitor about the American experience of the war and what it means to us today. For a truly educational and entertaining experience, the National World War II Museum is the perfect destination for young and old alike.
Before you Go
- Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Closed on Mardi Gras Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day