Mardi Gras World
- Take your picture in front of floats or in traditional Mardi Gras costume
- Guided tour and a slice of King Cake included in the ticket price
- Learn about the history and tradition of this world-famous celebration
- Witness spectacular floats under construction as artists work their magic
- Visit the Blaine Kern Studios and get a behind-the-scenes look at Mardi Gras
- Experience Mardi Gras all year round, not just during the celebrations in New Orleans
- 60-minute tour of the Blaine Kern Studios
- Slice of King Cake
Mardi Gras and New Orleans are two things that go hand-in-hand, and no trip to New Orleans would be complete without experiencing the magic of this world-famous celebration. But don’t worry if you’re unable to visit The Big Easy during the celebrations, as at Mardi Gras World, every day is Mardi Gras!
Visit Mardi Gras World and tour the Blaine Kern Studios, an operating workshop that has been constructing floats for Mardi Gras, as well as international celebrations, since 1947. With your expert and passionate guide, you’ll explore the studios and get a behind-the-scenes look at the fascinating production of the stunning floats. See the artists and architects at work and take your picture next to their awe-inspiring creations.
As your guide takes you through the sprawling studio you’ll also learn about the history and origins of this religious celebration. Go beyond its reputation and get a more complete understanding of the real Mardi Gras. With a free slice of delicious King Cake, numerous photo opportunities and a free shuttle service, this a fun experience for the whole family that’s not to be missed!
Before you Go
Open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Closed on Mardi Gras Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Mardi Gras World will close early at 2:00 p.m. on Chrismas Eve and on the Saturday, Sunday and Monday before Mardi Gras
Tours begin every half hour from 9:30 a.m. and last for approximately one hour
The last tour begins one hour before closing
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.