Malaga Essential Experience
Please see the "Before You Go" section below for important route information.
- Included admission to some of the city’s best museums
- Harbour cruise in the bay
Centre Pompidou Málaga
Paseo de la Farola
Playa de la Malagueta
Plaza de Toros
Castillo de Gibralfaro
- 24hr hop-on hop-off bus tour
- Stops near all the major sights
- Audio guide in 8 languages
- Full hygiene measures
- Entrance to MIMMA (Interactive Music Museum)
- Free walking tour
- Entrance to Automobile and Fashion Museum
- 11 activities to choose from: museums, boat tour, flamenco and more
What do you think about when you think about Malaga? Sun, sea and beaches? Probably, right. Well, it’s definitely got all those, but it’s also got history and culture that you wouldn’t believe. In fact, this amazing deal includes entrance to no less than six of Malaga’s very best museums. Don’t tell anyone but we think it might be our very best value ticket.
Among the six is the Museo Picasso, which is, of course, dedicated to the city’s most famous son. It features some of his most notable works and is a brilliant way to see how he developed as an artist. It’s sure to give you the Picasso bug so we’ve also included the Museo Casa Natal de Picasso, which is actually in the building where he was born!
For even more art, the Museo Thyssen is one of Spain’s very best art museums outside Madrid. In fact, it’s a sister museum to the one in Spain’s capital. Its collection of 19th century Spanish paintings is full of surprises and delights.
For the kids (big and small), MIMMA (the Interactive Music Museum) is guaranteed to entertain. There aren’t many museums where you can play the drums or have a strum on a guitar! Add to these, the Museo Revello de Toro and the Automobile and Fashion Museum and you’ve got an incredible package.
When you need to sit down and relax, you can take a cruise on the bay and see the city from the water. It really is a brilliant experience. And your 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus ticket will help you get around the city. You’ll especially appreciate it you want to see the spectacular views from the Castillo de Gibralfaro, which stands high above the centre.
Before you Go
Red Line: from 10am to 7pm (first and last tour from bus stop 1 - Vialia). Frequency every 20 minutes until 2pm. After that, every 30 minutes. Stop 2 is closed after 13:40.
Blue Line: starts at 11am from Vialia and joins the Red Line at 2pm. Frequency every 60 minutes until 2pm. After that, every 30 minutes.
Green Line (Botanical Gardens): from 11am to 6pm (first and last tour from Malaga Bus Station). Frequency every 75 minutes.
MIMMA (Interactive Museum of Music): Tuesday to Sunday from 10.30am to 6.30pm
Automobile and Fashion Museum: from 10am to 2.30pm and 4pm to 7pm
Free walking tour: Monday, Friday and Sunday at 1 pm. And on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday at 4 pm. Meeting point: Plaza de la Marina.
Activities to choose from:
- Vox City Guide: 7 self-guided routes through an APP on your mobile phone.
- Picasso Museum: March-June from 10am to 7pm. July-August from 10am to 8pm
- Birthplace Picasso Museum: from 9.30 am to 8 pm.
- Jaleo Flamenco Show: check times and dates with our staff.
- Russian Museum: Tuesday to Sunday from 9.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Centre Pompidou: Wednesday to Monday from 9.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Revello de Toro Museum: Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 8pm. Sunday from 10am to 2pm
- Thyssen Museum: Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 am to 8.00 pm.
- Alborania Museum: January-March, October and November: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 6pm. From 29 April to September and December: daily from 11am to 8pm.
- Cueva del Tesoro: admission and transfer included to the cave. Tickets can be collected from the Tourist Office in Plaza de la Marina. 16 Sept - 14 Jun: 10am-1pm and 3pm-5pm. 15 Jun - 15 Sep: 10.30am-1pm and 4.30pm-5pm.
- Boat trip: daily at 1pm, 3.30pm, 5pm, 6.30pm and 8pm
Your ticket can be cancelled within three months of its purchase date.