Product temporarily unavailable
Join the Early Morning Montserrat Half-Day Tour and escape the rat race of Barcelona and enjoy the peace and quiet as you explore beautiful Montserrat, minus the crowds. Discover the magnificent monastery and see the famous Black Madonna before being transported back to the centre of Barcelona on a private, air-conditioned bus.
- Leave Barcelona early & beat the crowds as you explore beautiful, yet mysterious Montserrat
- See the Black Madonna and choose from a range of optional free-time activities
- Expert, English-speaking local guide providing fascinating commentary
- Private, air-conditioned bus transport from Barcelona city centre
- Small groups of 25 people or less for a more personal experience
- Montserrat Monastery
- Basilica and the Black Madonna
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Private, air-conditioned transport from Barcelona
- Optional free-time activities (cable car, tasting of local delicacies etc.)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Meaning “serrated mountain”, Montserrat is perched in a spectacular location amongst towering peaks and cliffs, and offers panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea to the east and the Pyrenees mountain range to the west. Upon arrival, your expert, English-speaking guide will give you an orientation tour before taking you to see the Gothic basilica. Here you can see the famous Black Madonna, believed by some to have been carved in Jerusalem in the 12th century.
After, enjoy some free time to explore and enjoy some of the optional activities, such as a cable car ride to the mountain above the monastery for even more breathtaking views, or wander around the museum of contemporary art and admire works from the likes of Picasso, Monet and Dali. Or why not sample some of the local gastronomic delights including herbal liqueurs, honey, cheeses and cured meats before your return bus ride to Barcelona.
Before you Go
- Departure time: 8:00 a.m.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the departure time
- End point: Plaça d’Espanya, Barcelona
- Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Entrance to the Montserrat Monastery requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
- The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with reduced mobility or prams/strollers
- 1st April to 17th November
- 8:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
- 18th November to 31st December
- 8:00 a.m. on Friday & Saturday
- No tours on 11th September