- Small groups of 25 people or less for a more personal experience
- Private, air-conditioned bus transport from Barcelona city centre
- Expert, English-speaking local guide providing fascinating commentary
- Leave Barcelona early & beat the crowds as you explore beautiful, yet mysterious Montserrat
- See the Black Madonna and choose from a range of optional free-time activities
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Private, air-conditioned transport from Barcelona
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Optional free-time activities (cable car, tasting of local delicacies etc.)
- Entrance to Montserrat monastery
Depart from the centre of Barcelona and travel one hour to the stunning mountain range of Montserrat in a private, air-conditioned bus. This Early Morning Half-Day Tour is specifically timed to ensure you arrive at Montserrat before most other visitors do, so you can beat the queues and enjoy the surroundings in tranquility.
Meaning “serrated mountain”, Montserrat is perched in a spectacular location amongst towering peaks and cliffs, and offers panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea to the east and the Pyrenees mountain range to the west. Upon arrival, your expert, English-speaking guide will give you an orientation tour before taking you to see the Gothic basilica. Here, you can see the famous Black Madonna, believed by some to have been carved in Jerusalem in the 12th century.
After, enjoy some free time to explore and enjoy some of the optional activities, such as a cable car ride to the mountain above the monastery for even more breathtaking views, or wander around the museum of contemporary art and admire works from the likes of Picasso, Monet and Dali. Or why not sample some of the local gastronomic delights including herbal liqueurs, honey, cheeses and cured meats before your return bus ride to Barcelona.
Before you Go
Please note: on making the booking, please choose the date on which you would like to take the Early Morning Montserrat Half-Day Tour.
Availability: due to there being a maximum of 25 people on each tour, certain dates/time slots may no longer be available; please consult the calendar for the most up-to-date availability
Departure time: 9:30 a.m.
Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the departure time
End point: Plaça d’Espanya, Barcelona
Duration: 4 hours 45 minutes
Entrance to the Montserrat Monastery requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended
The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users, those with reduced mobility or prams/strollers
All sales are final: tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded by City Sightseeing.