Telefèric de Montjuïc Cable Car
Discover Barcelona from the air as you summit Montjuïc Mountain in a cable car. Enjoy unparalleled panoramic views of all Barcelona has to offer, including the Sagrada Familia, the port and the Mediterranean Sea beyond. Once at the top of Montjuïc Mountain, the epicentre of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, there is an abundance of places for the whole family to explore, including a castle, parks and museums. Book your tickets online today with City Sightseeing!
- See the site of the historic 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games
- Return ticket valid for 1 day: take the cable car from the city up Montjuïc Mountain and back again
- 8-seater cable cars suitable for the whole family, wheelchair users & people with reduced mobility
- Visit 3 stops, each with different points of interest: gardens, viewpoints, galleries, museums
- Get a bird’s-eye-view of Barcelona as you summit the Montjuïc Mountain in a comfortable cable car
- Telefèric de Montjuïc: return ticket (valid for one calendar day)
At the Parc Montjuïc Stop you can visit some of the main cultural attractions on Montjuïc Mountain. Visit the National Art Museum of Catalonia, renowned as the home of the world’s best collection of Romanesque art; or visit some of the most important sites of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics such as the Olympic Ring and the Olympic Stadium.
Dating back to 1660, the Montjuïc Castle can be accessed from the Castell Stop. Enjoy panoramic 360-degree views of Barcelona from the castle, or relax in the shade of the plant life found in the Botanical Garden.
Enjoy some of the best views of Barcelona from the lookout points and terraces at the Mirador Stop. Visit the Mirador de l’Alcalde viewpoint, with its series of terraces connected by stairways. Another point of interest is the Mossèn Costa i Llobera Gardens, where more than 800 species of cactus thrive in the unique microclimate that is two or three degrees warmer than the rest of Barcelona.
Before you Go
- Operating hours (*subject to change):
- January and February: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- March to May: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- June to September: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- October: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- November and December: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- There is no specific departure point; you can access the cable cars from any of the three stops:
- Parc Montjuïc Stop
- Castell Stop
- Mirador Stop
- The cable cars are suitable for wheelchair users and those with reduced mobility
- Prams/strollers can be taken into the cable cars, but please fold them in order to save space
- You have 90 calendar days from the date of purchase to redeem your voucher
- Return ticket is valid for use on one calendar day