Playa Blanca by Boat + Hop-On Hop-Off Cartagena
Discover the beautiful colonial city of Cartagena and explore Colombia’s Caribbean coast with this City Sightseeing combination ticket. You’ll get 2 days of access to the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour in Cartagena, so you can hop on and off as much as you like and thoroughly explore this historic city. Additionally, you’ll enjoy a day trip to the stunning Playa Blanca Beach, about one hour along the coast from Cartagena in a speedboat.
- Explore all Cartegena has to offer, from the Old Town to the modern Bocagrande district
- Day trip to Playa Blanca beach, with a traditional Columbian lunch included
- Enjoy views of Cartagena’s bay and visit San Martin de Pajarales Island
- Unlimited access to the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus for 2 days
- Enjoy panoramic 360 degree views from our red double-decker buses
- Discover Cartagena's Walled City with a guide on a free walking tour
- Travel from Cartagena to Playa Blanca by speedboat
- Relax on the white sands of Colombia's Carribean coast
- 2-day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Guided walking tour
- Day trip to Playa Blanca by boat, including lunch (advance reservation required)
- Boarding tax at Bodeguita Pier (approx. 5 USD per person)
- Additional activities on the Playa Blanca day trip (Oceanarium, snorkeling etc.)
Also included with this combination ticket is a day trip to Playa Blanca Beach, aptly named after its beautiful white sands. Departing from central Cartagena on a speedboat, you’ll be given a tour around Cartagena’s bay where you’ll see the 15-metre-tall Sailor’s Virgin statue and the Bocachica fortress. Heading out into the Caribbean Sea you’ll pass the Rosario Islands Archipelago before stopping at San Martin de Pajarales Island. Here you can visit the Oceanarium and see a dolphin show, or go snorkeling and discover the marine life. Finally, you’ll head to Playa Blanca Beach, close to where the Spanish galleon San José sank in 1708 with a cargo of treasure worth an estimated US$ 17 billion in today’s market! Relax on the white sand beach and enjoy an authentic Colombian lunch and swim in the turquoise waters before heading back to Cartagena in the afternoon.
Before you Go
- Please note: advance reservation is required; after making your booking you will be required to confirm the date of the day trip (instructions for making the reservation are included on the voucher that will be sent to you after purchasing the tickets)
- Duration: approximately 7 hours
- Meeting point: bus stop 4, Torre del Reloj, at 4:00 p.m.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Tour available in English and Spanish