Cartagena de Indias is perhaps the ultimate city of contrasts. The incredible old town is a living reminder of Colombia's colonial past, while Bocagrande, the modern part of the city, shimmers like Miami on the shore. With a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour you'll be able to discover both sides of this fantastic city and the addition of an entrance ticket to the amazing, almost impregnable Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas makes this City Sightseeing tour the perfect combination.
- 2 days to explore: see everything from the historic walled city to modern Bocagrande on a city tour
- Join a walking tour and let an expert local guide show you the historic centre
- Multilingual audio commentary on the open-top bus: learn interesting facts about Cartagena de Indias
- Hop on and off the City Sightseeing bus at the various stops and discover the port city of Cartagena
- Visit one of the most famous landmarks: the massive fortress of Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
- Admission to Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas
- 2-day Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Guided walking tour
Hop off at the grandest and most impressive colonial fort the Spanish ever constructed: Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas. Even Francis Drake who tried to take the city on the orders of Queen Elizabeth I failed to take the fortress. Your City Sightseeing combination ticket includes admission to the castle, so you’ll get to tread where Drake never could! Plus, with your audio guide, you'll learn all about the history of this iconic monument.
Another great place to hop off our tourist bus is the Casa Museo Rafael Núñez, named after the 19th-century president of Colombia and poet who lived in the beautiful colonial mansion that today houses the museum. Then replace colonial architecture with towering skyscrapers as you head to modern Bocagrande on the City Sightseeing bus. This neighbourhood is home to the Centro Comercial Plaza Bocagrande so if you're in the mood for a spot of shopping, then this is the perfect destination for you.
Before you Go
- Meeting point: bus stop 4, Torre del Reloj, at 4:00 p.m.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Tour available in English and Spanish
- Opening times: daily from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Audio guide available in English, Spanish, Italian and French