Byblos, Jeita Grotto and Harissa Day Trip + Hop-On Hop-Off Beirut
This is a day you’ll never forget. From the spectacular Jeita Grotto cave system to the wonders of ancient Byblos, one of the world’s longest continuously inhabited cities, you will see sights in Lebanon that will live in your memory forever. Combine it with a City Sightseeing Bus Tour to discover the best of Beirut and you really have the perfect package.
- See the Roman Amphitheatre and Old Souk in Zouk Mikael
- Hear fascinating stories about Lebanon’s history from your expert local guide
- Choose to ride the Harissa cable car to see the Our Lady of Lebanon statue
- Explore a genuine Crusader Castle in ancient Byblos
- Complete your experience and save money by including a 24-hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Beirut
- Visit the stunning Jeita Grotto, the longest cave in the Middle East
- Day trip to Byblos, Jeita Grotto and Harissa
- Admission to Jeita Grotto
- 24hr Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Beirut (if selected)
Jeita Grotto, a finalist in the competition for the new seven wonders of the world, is an incredible cave system in the limestone rock of the Mount Lebanon mountain range, made up of two separate enormous caverns. Admire the thousands of stalactites and stalagmites and take a short boat trip on the lake that covers the floor of the lower cave.
After a short visit to the small town of Zouk Mikael, its Souk and Roman Amphitheatre, you will head for Harissa, where you can choose to take the cable car up to the impressive 8.5-metre statue of Our Lady of Lebanon. Climb to the base of the statue which towers high above the city to enjoy the stunning views over the coast and sea.
After enjoying a complimentary za’atar man'ouche, a traditional thyme-covered flatbread, it’s off to Byblos, a city with a history that stretches back at least seven thousand years! Here, you’ll visit the 12th-century Crusader Castle, which was once captured by Saladin himself. You’ll also have time to visit the old souk and the medieval churches that were built by the Crusaders and stop for a bite to eat in one of the many traditional restaurants.
To make your stay in Beirut complete, why not include a 24-hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Ticket with the tour? It’s the perfect way to explore magical Beirut and discover its many hidden corners. You’ll save money buying the two tickets together, too!
Before you Go
- When making the booking, please select the date on which you would like to take the tour
- Availability: Saturdays
- Departure time: 9:00 a.m.
- Meeting point: Martyrs' Square
- Duration: approximately 9 hours