Hop-On Hop-Off Beirut, Lebanon
Beirut, once known as “the Paris of the Middle East”, is a city that’s well on its way to recovering that particular crown. The Beirut of today is once again bustling, vibrant and packed with culture. And there’s no better way to discover it all than on a City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Lebanon's capital city.
- Informative audio commentaries in seven different languages.
- Add a walking tour to your bus ticket and discover the Downtown area with an experienced guide.
- Flexible 3-month ticket to be used whenever you wish.
- Admission to the National Museum included with your ticket.
- 24 or 48-hour Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with 360º panoramic views of Beirut's top sights.
- Explore Lebanon's incredible capital at your own pace with our hop-on, hop-off bus tour.
- 15 different bus stops letting you experience the very best of Beirut, Lebanon.
- 24 or 48hr Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Downtown walking tour (optional; advanced reservation required)
- Admission to the National Museum
For a spot of shopping, why not hop off at the Beirut Souks? Historically, this has always been the commercial heart of the city and it definitely is again. Badly damaged in the war, it has been undergoing major regeneration and the incredible Zaha Hadid-designed North Souks department store is sure to be one of the city’s architectural jewels.
Hop back on the bus and keep enjoying Beirut from its open-topped roof. The Roman Baths, in the heart of downtown, would make a great place to hop off next. Some 2,000 years old, these baths provide an excellent window into life in Roman Berytus, one of the various names this ancient city has gone by.
Hop off at St George Maronite Cathedral, an impressive building which stands right by a beautiful mosque and a Greek Orthodox Cathedral, symbolising the city’s long-standing religious plurality. The Greek Orthodox Cathedral also has an excellent little museum in its crypt. Feel like a coffee? There´s no better place than the vibrant, buzzing Nejmeh Square, which is just around the corner.
Hop back on and head for Raouche, where you can see the incredible Raouche or Pigeon Rocks, and relax in one of the cliff-top cafés. For a last stop, try the fascinating AUB Archaeological Museum for an insight into Beirut's long and varied history. There’s so much to see and do in Beirut and with City Sightseeing you can do it all.
Before you Go
- Operational season: all year round
Downtown Walking Tour
- Please note: customers are required to reserve the walking tour 24 hours prior to the tour date
- Time/date: Monday to Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Languages: English, French
- Duration: 1.5 hours