Panoramic Tour + The Museum of Flight
The Museum of Flight is the very best place there is to learn about how humans have made the skies their own. Its incredible collection of planes, both old and new, as well as spacecraft, is guaranteed to amaze you. Seattle is the perfect home for the museum as it's the city where Boeing was born, just one of the global companies that call Washington State's largest city their home. Your guided tour will also show you the incredible Amazon Spheres and the imposing Starbucks Centre, as well as many other of Seattle's most interesting sights.
- Interesting & entertaining sightseeing tour of Seattle: see famous sights on a panoramic bus tour
- Choose to spend 2, 4 or 6 hours at the Museum of Flight, the world's largest air & space museum
- Audio guide in English on the bus to learn interesting facts about the city
- 360-degree views of the city's monuments from our open-top tourist bus
The Museum of Flight was born in 1965, when a group of aviation aficionados restored a 1929 Boeing 80A-1, which had been found in Alaska. From that modest start, the museum grew and grew. Today, it has more than 150 air and spacecraft and attracts more than half a million visitors a year. Visit the Red Barn, Boeing’s first aircraft construction site, and see how the earliest planes were made. Then see the history of aviation right up to space flight!
Until September 2nd, the museum is home to Destination Moon, a fascinating exhibition of lunar artefacts from the Apollo 11 mission, which includes Columbia, the Apollo 11 command module. Tickets for this exhibition can be purchased at the museum.
Boeing isn’t the only leading international company that was born in Seattle. Starbucks and Amazon are two of its other famous offspring. Amazon’s headquarters now boast three amazing glass spheres that contain more than 40,000 plant species! And Starbucks headquarters are in a stunning brick building that used to be the local home of Sears. You’ll see both on your guided tour of the city.
Other highlights of the tour are the city’s historic Georgetown and Pioneer Square; Boeing Field, the city’s first airport; the Sky View Observatory and the Seattle Art Museum. Seeing these and other fascinating sights from the top of your open-top bus will help you better understand this vibrant and vital city.
Before you Go
- Operational season: 24th May - 29th September 2019
- Meeting point: City Sightseeing stop 1, Space Needle (Broad Street)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- Bus to the Museum of Flight: tours depart at 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.
- Return bus: departures at 1:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.
- Tour duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Visit duration: 2, 4 or 6 hours, depending on the departure time of your preferred bus tour
- Spend up to 6 hours in the museum if you choose the 10:00 a.m. panoramic tour
- Spend up to 4 hours in the museum if you choose the 12:00 p.m. panoramic tour
- Spend 2 hours in the museum if you choose the 2:00 p.m. panoramic tour