River Cruises + Hop-On Hop-Off Melbourne
Take the ultimate trip around Melbourne on both land and water! Discover the city's main sights and attractions on a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour before heading to the river and embarking on a leisurely cruise. Do you want to see one of the Southern Hemisphere's busiest trading ports? Why not meander up river, through Melbourne's picturesque gardens? The choice is yours! Book online today and let City Sightseeing show you the very best of Melbourne!
- Choose 1 cruise along the river: Ports & Docklands or River Gardens.
- Customise your trip: create your own itinerary and explore Melbourne.
- Discover the city's main sights on a River Cruise and Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour.
- 24hr unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off bus tour with 360º panoramic views of Melbourne.
- Audio guides in English so you can learn about Melbourne's history & traditions.
- River Cruise - choose on arrival between Ports & Docklands and River Gardens
- 24hr Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Ports & Docklands Cruise (down river)
Want to discover Melbourne's central business district from the water? This is the tour for you! Get your camera ready as you meander down the river through the heart of the city. Crane your neck to see skyscrapers towering high above as we approach one of the busiest trading ports in the Southern Hemisphere. Melbourne's rich maritime heritage at Victoria Docks couldn't be more different to the new and modern Docklands area!
River Gardens Cruise (up river)
Does meandering along the river, through picturesque gardens and parklands, away from the hustle and bustle of the city sound like your ideal cruise? Choose the River and Gardens Cruise! Just moments after leaving the Southgate Arts and Leisure Precinct, you'll be surrounded by nature. Enjoy views of the Royal Botanic Gardens and Herring Island, as well as glimpsing Government House. For sports fans, this cruise will also take you past a few of the city's famous sporting arenas, including the renowned Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Before you Go
- Mobile vouchers: bus stop 1, Federation Square
- Paper vouchers: any bus stop
- Southbank Promenade Berth 5, near the Langham Hotel on the river’s edge
- Please check in at the ticket kiosk 20 minutes prior to the departure time
- Please note: the cruise timetable subject to tidal & weather conditions and demand. The schedule changes daily; we strongly recommend contacting Melbourne River Cruises to confirm tour departure times
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour:
- Operating season: all year round
- Except: Good Friday, 25 December, 1 January
- City Tour:
- First tour: 9:30 a.m.
- Last tour: 5:30 p.m. (Oct - Apr); 4:10 p.m. (May - Sept)
- Frequency: every 40 minutes
- St. Kilda Tour:
- First tour: 9:45 a.m.
- Last tour: 4:45 p.m. (Oct - Apr); 3:45 p.m. (May - Sept)
- Frequency: every 60 minutes (Oct - Apr); every 120 minutes (May - Sept)