Old Town and Medieval Underground Tour
Leave Prague’s beautiful streets behind and descend into the darkness that lies beneath the city. On this Old Town and Medieval Underground Tour, you’ll discover secrets of the Old Town that have been hidden under our feet for centuries. Visit dungeons and torture chambers and learn about rebellions, executions, devastating floods and the dark history behind the Astronomical Clock, perhaps Prague’s most famous monument.
- One-hour walking tour with an English speaking guide
- Learn about Prague’s fascinating, and often dark, history
- See Romanesque and Gothic underground areas from the 12th and 13th centuries
- Visit dungeons and medieval torture chambers
- Hear fascinating stories about medieval and modern-day Prague
- Visit a secret alchemy lab and hear about the concoctions that were created
You’ll visit underground dungeons and torture chambers and see historical weapons and implements used during these bleak times. Sometimes extending up to 2 floors below ground, these Romanesque and Gothic chambers date back to the 12th and 13th centuries and offer an insight into what life in Prague was like nearly 1,000 years ago. Your guide will entertain you with intriguing stories from medieval times right up until present day. Learn about the dark history of the Prague’s most famous timepiece, the Astronomical Clock, and visit secret alchemy labs where concoctions were brewed and used both to cure and to harm.
Before you Go
- Wax Museum of Legends | City Sightseeing Prague Desk, Celetná 15, Prague 1
- Tourist Information, Legerova 62, Prague 2
- Tourist Information | U Styblu Building, Václavské nám. 28, Prague 1
- Tour times (*subject to change):
- Daily at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- No tours on 24th and 25th December
- 31st December: 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- 1st January: 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: approximately 1 hour
- Please note that you are required to redeem your voucher at one of the City Sightseeing Information Desks before taking the tour